With today’s Nor’easter going into Friday, please be aware that there could once again be power outages and internet outages that could impact your daily business activity. Email services could be affected due to power outages along the northeast corridor, which could also cause disruption to the Internet.
For our managed services customers, we will do our best to help you remedy your issues as fast as we can, but we may be at the mercy of the power company and the phone vendors. We will ensure that your servers and backups are complete and will be monitoring any disruptions. Our teams are on standby 24 x 7 for all emergency service.
If you are managing your IT infrastructure yourself, here are a few quick tips:
- If you do not need to use a device, turn its power off and unplug it from the wall, i.e., workstations and monitors.
- Make sure laptops and mobile devices are charged.
- Be sure to have a valid backup of all critical servers and data storage.
- If you lose power in the office and you do not have an emergency generator, be prepared to shut down your servers after a 10-20 minute period.
- If you have a failover ISP, review the procedure for completing this.
- If phones need to be forwarded, or if your greeting needs to be changed, make sure you know how to do this.
This list is basic, but by doing these simple things, you can definitely reduce anxiety and avoid more troublesome issues once the storm has passed.
If you have any questions, please call of email us.