Mobility Won’t Wait
organization can look the other way while employees use iPads or other mobile device to access corporate resources, or embrace the inevitable and employ best practices that will satisfy end users and IT. Whether you need to just cover the basics or control all aspects of mobile device usage, there is no question that MDM or Mobile Device Management is here to stay. Waytek offers MDM services as a logical and necessary extension to its managed services business so that you can stay a step ahead.
What exactly is MDM?
Mobile Device Management (MDM) is essentially a policy and configuration management service focused on mobile handheld devices, tablets and smartphones. It helps companies that want to manage policies, access control, patching and data on company- and employee-owned mobile devices.
The challenge is that allowing company data on employee-owned smartphones and tablets comes with risks. These include everything from data security to the cost of device loss to just one more huge burden on overworked IT departments. Therefore, tt’s important to find an affordable, scalable mobility solution that could be deployed quickly, would require little maintenance, and allow easy management of all type of devices, and picking the right partner to help you do it, is just as important.
By controlling and protecting the data and configuration settings for all mobile devices in the network, MDM can reduce support costs and a variety of business risks. The intent of MDM is to optimize the functionality and security of a mobile communications network while minimizing cost and downtime.
With mobile devices becoming ubiquitous and applications flooding the market, mobile monitoring is growing in importance and if it’s not in your plan today, it will be very soon.
More and more data is being put on mobile devices today, and many companies are developing their own applications to support their mobile users. Mobile devices continue to displace traditional PCs so MDM will be an essential part of most enterprises trying to support this ever expanding list of devices, enterprise applications and data. The good news is that MDM vendors are moving beyond just the basics of security control, to support a broad range of third-party applications, data, and content .
Should your company consider a Mobile Device Management solution?
- If your organization needs or wants to support a variety of mobile devices.
- If you allow mobile devices to sync to your email platform or if you are allowing the use of ‘dropbox’ type document management tools.
- If your employees are purchasing their own devices and asking to be connected to corporate resources.
- If you recognize that you are at risk by not having visibility into security and policies associated with mobile devices and you want to actively support your mobile users.
- And finally, if you want to protect and control proprietary company information regardless of the device, the answer is probably yes.
What can Waytek do for you:
Leveraging the most appropriate MDM solution, Waytek helps organizations:
- gain visibility and control of all their devices—smartphones, tablets and laptops, right along with their legacy desktops and servers
- automate security management with integrated password, encryption and policy enforcement
- ensure device and data security with immediate remote action on nonconforming devices
- integrate MDM control without infrastructure changes
- deliver rapid, non-intrusive implementation and straightforward new user enrollment
- offer low monitoring costs and ongoing, streamlined policy management
- help organizations set up and implement policies for Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) security and privacy
- centrally manage devices either on behalf of or in conjunction with IT departments.
- offer perimeter-based device security and compliance control to ensure that policies are enforced by location
- extend regulatory and policy compliance to all mobile devices
- deliver secure content and application (apps) distribution