Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to our HR department using email@example.com
Use the toggles below to view current job opportunities
The following skills and/or experience are required to be considered:
- No less than two years of related experience in the IT field
- Windows Desktop OS Administration/Installation/Troubleshooting
- Windows Server Administration/Installation/Troubleshooting
- Exchange Server Administration
- Linux Server Experience
- Strong basic and intermediate networking skills with some advanced knowledge
Experience with some or all of the following is preferred:
- HP/Dell/IBM Servers/Desktops
- MAC/Apple Products
- Cisco router configuration/troubleshooting
- Cisco ASA Firewall configuration
- Sonicwall Firewalls
- Storage Craft Shadow Protect/Backup Exec/various other backup products
- Voice over IP
Certifications and Degrees a plus.
Waytek is seeking an individual to support several independent system upgrades for small and medium sized businesses. The Technology Specialist should provide knowledge and support of Windows Server Operating Systems, Exchange and Sql, Windows Desktop and various application support. The candidate will also need to be knowledgeable in the latest server and desktop hardware configuration best practices and procedures.
- Troubleshoot wide and local area network related problems for our SMB clients.
- Troubleshoot Server problems.
- Troubleshoot network access problems.
- Support and upgrade Server Hardware.
- Test new desktop applications.
- Performance, monitoring, and tuning of network and other associated items.
- Investigate user problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions.
- Install, configure, and maintain personal workstations, servers, firewalls, and Ethernet.
- Maintain site licenses and schematic diagrams for department/organization and clients.
- Plan and implement network security, including building firewalls, managing, host security, file permissions, backup and disaster recovery, antivirus/anti-malware implementation, file system integrity, and adding and deleting users.
- Establish and perform maintenance programs following company and vendor standards and ensure timely user notification of maintenance requirements and effects on system availability.
- Investigate, recommend and install enhancements and operating procedures that optimize network availability.
- Document network problems and resolutions for future reference.
- Minimum three years of experience and a demonstrated working knowledge
- Experience with Windows Infrastructure
- Experience with VMWare, ESX, and vSphere Product Architectures
- Knowledge of switching and routing technologies
- The ability to work well independently and in a team environment, handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and adapt to changing priorities
- Be able to work under pressure and maintain a sense of calm for the customer.
- Good communication skills
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferable, but not required. Relevant education is satisfactory.