Providing services under stringent Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to monitor and manage mission-critical Servers for businesses of any size is a common challenge you will most likely face while providing technology services.
With competition growing by the day, you need to avoid having a reactive style of providing services and provide a service style that is more proactive and preventive maintenance oriented.
You can no longer wait for the client to call you to inform that their Server is down or their e-mail application is running slow. 24x7 server monitoring and remediation services with up to 30 minutes response time are getting popular among small and medium businesses (SMBs).
Server Monitoring & Alerting Process
- Agent provisions Server; applies template policies
- Agent reports error codes to the Sentinel Server Monitoring Platform
- Agent reports error codes and unavailability to the Sentinel Server Monitoring Platform
- Unknown errors added to Sentinel Server Monitoring Platform Knowledge Base
- Resolution based on product option selection
- Server and network device availability monitored by the ITS Portal.
- Sentinel's default monitoring policies applied automatically creating monitors for services, process, ports, and performance parameters.
- Sentinel's default server monitoring policies can be customized once applied.
- Windows Server & POSIX device hardware monitoring
- Advanced Exchange queue monitoring through email transactions.
- Intelligent alerting provides not only what went wrong, but also recommendations on how to remediate the alert.
- Provide sensitive system and network information through the Secured Information Store.
- Passwords can be statically stored or dynamically changed if stored in Sentinel's Password Vault.