SSH Server for Linux on IBM System z
SSH Mainframe Solutions are the first enterprise security solution to fully integrate SSH and SFTP to the IBM System z platform for secure mainframe access. With automated FTP to SFTP conversion, comprehensive MVS file system integration, and hardware acceleration for reduced CPU usage, SSH Mainframe Solutions are ideal for securing mainframe file transfers. Standard protocols and interfaces ensure that the enterprise mainframe is seamlessly and cost-effectively integrated into the distributed business environment.
Tectia SSH Mainframe enables you to:
Secure existing FTP jobs with speed and cost-efficiency for a fast-track to cost-effective compliance.
- Transparent FTP-SFTP Conversion and FTP Tunneling enable you to secure your existing FTP jobs without modifications to batch jobs or the user experience, enabling you to secure your business transactions without costly re-engineering.
Fully utilize your Mainframe functions and features, for seamless integration to existing architectures and services.
- Offloading crypto operations to Crypto Processors reduces load on the General Purpose Processors and operating costs. Acceleration support for all FIPS 140-2 certified IBM cryptographic hardware.
- Direct access of MVS datasets (including PS, PDS, PDSE, VSAM, GDG) improves file transfer performance by eliminating additional memory, disk staging and copying operations. Automatic hyperspace memory staging is provided for third-party client support.
- All supported authentication methods use standard SAF calls, enabling use of existing authentication and access control management tools. Credential files (passwords, keys and X.509 certificates) can be stored as MVS datasets for improved security. X.509 certificate authentication can also utilize existing RACF/ACF2/TSS key rings and ICSF keys, as well as SAF and certificate validation.
- Login and file transfer information is stored as SMF type 119 records for analysis and post processing.
Introduce security, but minimize changes in user experience to reduce training costs.
- Automatic ASCII/EBCDIC conversion, with support for configurable CONVXLAT conversion tables.
- FTP-like SITE, and other mainframe-specific commands, for minimal impact on the user experience.
- MVS datasets can be listed as files and folders, facilitating easy interactive file transfer with distributed systems. Windows users can drag-and-drop files to the mainframe with the SFTP GUI of Tectia SSH Client or third-party clients.
- The advanced key distribution tool enables you to fetch and store, and make available several server host keys at once, enabling single-step public key authentication setup.
Take benefit of all the advanced security and file transfer capabilities of the Tectia SSH Solution
- SSH Mainframe Solutions are built on the same, trusted architecture used throughout the SSH platform, offering advanced enterprise capabilities such as the guaranteed and reliable delivery of large files.
For further assistance or if you are an education, non-profit, or government customer, please call us at (800) 792-4385 or contact us using the options on the right.